Try one of these mouthwatering apple recipes that are guaranteed to wow your fellow campers.
Prize-Winning Southern Apple Crumble
What you’ll need:
- 3 large apples (peeled and chopped)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter (cut into small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pouch oatmeal cookie mix (1 pound 1.5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- Heat your RV oven to 300 degrees and spray cooking spray throughout the interior of an 8-inch glass baking dish.
- Toss the apples, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and butter together in a large bowl. Spread the mixture evenly into the baking dish.
- In the same bowl, combine the melted butter and cookie mix until it creates a crumble. Sprinkle it on top of the filling.
- Bake the crumble for 40 minutes, then sprinkle it with the chopped pecans. Bake for an additional 15 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Apple Harvest Pockets
What you’ll need:
- 1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts (softened)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups apples (diced and peeled)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Heat your RV oven to 400 degrees.
- Unroll the Pillsbury pie crusts onto your kitchen work surface.
- Cut the crusts into quarters to make 8 wedges.
- Mix the apples, flour, sugar and cinnamon together. Fill each wedge with 1/3 cup of the apple mixture.
- Fold the sides of the wedges over the apple filling.
- Use a fork to press the edges and seal the wedges.
- Place the wedges on an ungreased cookie sheet and cut a few small slits in the top of each one.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Stop by Link RV Center
Don’t forget to stop and see us right here at Link RV Center before you hit the road on your next adventure.