Traveling in your RV for Christmas means some of your old traditions won’t be able to come with you. But that doesn’t mean you have to cut out everything you love about the holidays, like the delicious holiday foods. These tasty holiday side dishes can be prepared and enjoyed with the ones you love right inside the comfort of your RV.
Scrumptious Sweet Potato Casserole
What You’ll Need:
- 4 1/2 cups sweet potatoes (cooked and mashed)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup butter (additional)
- Preheat your RV oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking dish (9 by 13 inches).
- Mix the sweet potatoes, milk, 1/2 cup butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs together in a large bowl, then spread the mixture into your greased baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the flour and brown sugar, then cut in the additional 1/3 cup of butter until the mixture looks crumbly. Stir in the pecans.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and pecan mixture over your sweet potatoes, then bake the casserole until it is golden brown (roughly 25 minutes).
Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 2/3 cups pine nuts
- 2 pounds Brussles sprouts (cored and shredded)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3 green onions (minced)
- pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the bacon in the skillet and cook until crisp.
- Drain the bacon, crumble it and set it aside. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the grease in the pan.
- Add butter to the skillet and stir in the pine nuts. Cook them until brown.
- Add green onions and Brussels sprouts to the pan and season them with seasoning salt and pepper.
- Cook until the Brussels sprouts are tender (roughly 12 minutes).
- Stir in the crumbled bacon and serve.
Find Your Holiday Gifts at Link RV Center